“As a ‘new’ program director of 7 months, I wish I had attended the [Program Directors 101 PAEA workshop] earlier. This program clarified many challenging concepts. The discussions between faculty and the attendees continue to be helpful to me.”
Russel Coutinho, MD, Program Director, Indiana State University, Class of 2014
What Is The Program Directors 101 PAEA Workshop?
The Program Directors 101 PAEA workshop, formerly known as Pando™ workshop, is a combination of didactic lectures and small-group, interactive workshops that provide instruction on the administrative and educational skills essential for new program directors.
Our team of experienced PA educators, administrators, and industry experts provide mentoring and help participants build networking opportunities. The five-day retreat format allows participants to immerse themselves in the curriculum without the daily distractions of PA education. Participants will also have the opportunity to hear from ARC-PA leadership and engage in an evening of open dialogue with PAEA leadership.
The Program Directors 101 PAEA workshop is designed for program directors and associate directors with less than two years in their position or less than five years in PA education.
The workshop is approved for 27.5 hours of Category 1 CME by AAPA.
“The [Program Directors 101 Pando workshop] was a week filled with must-have information for anyone who is new in the role of PD or interested in becoming a PD in the near future.”
More than 20 topics pertinent to program directors will be presented, including:
- Accreditation and ARC-PA
- Accreditation: peer to peer strategies for provisional pathway and accreditation maintenance
- Advocacy: the importance of messaging the profession
- Clinical sites strategies for provisional and established programs
- Curriculum development and revision
- Enrollment management
- Faculty recruitment and retention
- Financial management: budget and resources
- Interpersonal conflict in the workplace
- Interprofessional education: where does it fit into your program curriculum?
- Leadership and self-assessment
- Legal issues in higher education
- Principles of adult learning
- Program evaluation and outcomes assessment
- Role of the program director in higher education and health care education
- Setting priorities
- Strategic planning: vision, mission, goals, and strategy
- Student issues
- Time management: the art of maintaining productivity and life balance
- Unconscious bias
“The facilitators brought a wealth of knowledge and experience as leaders and mentors of professional development from a variety of backgrounds.”
Clinical Professor and Department Chair
SUNY Upstate Medical Center
Department Chair/Program Director
University of Oklahoma
Chair, Department of PA Studies
University of North Dakota
Dept. of Family Medicine, School of Medicine,
University of Washington
University of Evansville
Registration Fees and Payments
Registration is now open.
- Hotel accommodations for five nights (checking in Thursday, July 27, and checking out Monday, July 31)
- Breakfast, lunch, dinner, and snacks each day
Attendees are responsible for making their own travel arrangements.
PAEA Member Registration Fee
Early bird (before May 24): $2,900
PAEA Non-Member Registration Fee
Early bird (before May 24): $3,050
Payment can be made by credit card or check. Full payment must be received to confirm your registration.
Mail checks to:
Physician Assistant Education Association
Attention: Renata Casiel, Meetings
655 K Street, NW
Washington, DC 20001
For any questions or concerns, contact workshops@PAEAonline.org.
Please note, if paying by check, your registration will be held for 10 business days. If the check is not received in that time, your registration will not be confirmed.
Refunds/Cancellation Policy: Cancellation requests processed before July 17 will receive a full refund less a $100 administrative fee. Requests submitted after July 17 will not receive a refund. “No shows” will be charged the full registration amount. Refunds/cancellations are to be requested by the attendee through the registration site using the attendee’s confirmation number. An email will be sent to confirm the request.
“The [Program Directors 101 workshop] was a fantastic experience and a wonderful welcome to the administrative ranks of PA education.”