The Central Application Service for Physician Assistants
CASPA is a full service, web-based application system that will allows students to apply to multiple participating PA educational programs with a single application, as well as facilitate a streamlined admissions process for programs.
Benefits to Applicants
- Provides a new, state of the art application platform with enhanced design and user experience.
- Participating programs represent almost ninety percent of currently accredited PA programs.
- Provides an efficient process to apply multiple PA programs.
- Supplies applicants with a comprehensive instructions & FAQ section to help navigate the application.
- Eliminates the need for duplicate application data and documents when applying to multiple programs.
- Allows access to the application from any device.
Benefits to PA Programs
- Provides a rich database of applicant and matriculant data via the WebAdMIT admissions portal.
- Programs can access end of year reports with individual program applicant and matriculant data.
- Reduces clerical work for participating programs.
- Provides a real-time online access to application data via WebAdMIT once data is submitted.
- Participation encourages a national and more diverse applicant pool.
- Participation encourages a more complete applicant and matriculant data set.
- Provides multiple GPA calculations from verified coursework.
Ninety percent of accredited PA programs use CASPA, and each has its own needs. So for CASPA 3.0, we’re saying goodbye to the standardized, one-size-fits-all application and hello to customizable features.
In the 2015-2016 application cycle, programs will have access to a configuration portal through WebAdMIT, enabling them to activate optional requirements on the CASPA application. Here’s what the new version will allow you to do:
1. Customize Questions
- Old: In previous versions if you wanted, for example, an essay or writing sample, you had to collect that information through an internal supplemental application.
- New: The new “Custom Questions” feature enables you to add program-specific questions that applicants are required to complete before submitting an application to your program. Their responses will be viewable in your WebAdMIT admissions portal.
2. Customize Documents
- Old: You had to contact applicants separately to request documents.
- New: Applicants can now upload required documents — such as a CV, military papers, or professional license — to your program’s “Documents” page.
3. Add Prerequisites
- Old: Previously, this feature wasn’t available.
- New: The new “Prerequisites” feature allows you to enter
your program’s course requirements, and your applicants are required to match their transcript coursework to your listed prerequisites. Don’t worry, you’ll still be able to review the materials to determine if the courses meet your requirements; this just provides an additional checkpoint for the applicants before they apply.
CASPA – https://portal.caspaonline.org/
Pre-PA Applicants, Applicants, and Students
Visit PA Focus – http://pafocus.org/ – the micro site created specifically for pre-PA students, applicants, current PA students, and veterans for information on:
- What is a PA?
- PA Students
Programs Interested in CASPA Participation
- See our membership page for information on PAEA membership and how to participate in CASPA.
Current CASPA Programs
- Resources: Access webinars, trainings, surveys, data presentations, and additional application cycle information.