Submissions are now being accepted for sessions at the 2018 Society of Teachers of Family Medicine (STFM) Annual Spring Conference. The conference will be held May 5–9, 2018, in Washington, DC. This is a great opportunity for PAs to present to a broader audience.
According to STFM, they are most interested in sessions about:
- Family medicine advocacy/policy:
- Advocating for graduate medical education (Medicare, VA, etc.); primary care research funding/infrastructure; workforce (Title VII)
- Advocacy curriculum and/or skills building
- Interprofessional collaboration in practice and education
- Creating and teaching in the patient-centered medical home
- Family medicine that achieves the Triple Aim: better care, better health, and lower cost
- Emerging technologies that impact or improve training programs and research
- New and better strategies for meeting accreditation requirements
- Promoting student interest in family medicine
- Promoting student, faculty, and resident scholarship in family medicine
- Innovation in curriculum and faculty development
- Capacity building, resiliency, and retention of the work force
Session proposals must be submitted by September 11. There will be an additional call for proposals in November for fellow, resident, and student in-progress research.
For more information or to submit a proposal, please visit the STFM Conference website.
P.S. If your session gets accepted, don’t forget about PAEA’s Scientific Meeting Scholarship, which will provide up to $2,000 in travel assistance for presenters.