Interprofessional Education Collaborative (IPEC) will hold its next Institute in Washington, DC, on April 30–May 2. The Spring 2018 IPEC Institute is returning to the popular theme of building a framework for interprofessional education (IPE) and collaborative practice.
- Identify resources and commitments necessary to facilitate IPE at one’s institution.
- Examine best practices in IPE curriculum planning and design for use in one’s program.
- Create learner assessment strategies in IPE.
- Develop faculty skills in IPE.
- Communicate the team’s IPE objectives to decision makers.
Interprofessional faculty teams of three to five individuals from across the post-baccalaureate health professions along with their selected academic and/or practice partners are encouraged to attend. Each team must consist of:
- Two members who represent two different health professions, with at least one representative drawn from the nineteen IPEC professions
- One member with a firm foundation in IPE, IPE relationship development, and collaborative practice
- One member with institutional responsibility for curricular planning
- One community health partner
Note: Individual members can fit into one category.