Are you someone who is passionate about both health care and education? At PAEA, we are committed to transforming PA education and health care by leading and serving the PA educational community. As the national leader in PA education, the Association delivers a large array of educational resources, products, and services specifically designed to meet the emerging needs of PA programs.
The Association is currently seeking a professional Education Specialist to join the Learning Cluster in producing high-quality tools, resources, and professional development opportunities for PA programs and faculty. This exciting position offers the option for half-time or full-time employment, and it is an excellent opportunity for someone looking for a new way to use their unique expertise and experience in education to impact a national audience.
The Education Specialist will work closely with the Vice President and Chief Learning Officer to ensure PAEA stays ahead of the curve in innovations in PA education and advances its strategic priorities related to professional and organizational development, including leadership, diversity, and faculty development.
Qualified candidates must possess expertise and experience in education, including curriculum design and delivery, instructional methodologies, and faculty development. Candidates must have an extensive fund of knowledge of PA education, the PA profession, and the complexities of academe and how these may affect faculty development, including institutional support, diversity, and promotion and tenure processes. Candidates must demonstrate a commitment to diversity, inclusivity, and cultural competence to be considered for employment.
- Design, deliver, and implement programs, resources, and services that support PA faculty in developing the competencies of an effective PA faculty member
- Research, articulate, and disseminate innovative best practices in professional and organizational development, as well as strategies for teaching and learning.
- Ensure diversity and inclusion are integrated into all professional and organizational development opportunities
- Develop metrics to ensure professional development opportunities are inclusive and representative of the diversity of member programs and faculty
- Provide leadership and supervisory oversight for Professional Services Consulting principal advisors
- Identify opportunities for innovation, growth, and enhancement for current and future products, resources, and services
- Develop and implement ongoing program assessment to understand strengths and weaknesses of products and services, and establish a system to ensure continuous quality improvement
- Develop tools and resources to support faculty in local promotion and tenure processes
- Conduct on-site visits to member programs to understand the needs of members and offer assistance, as requested
- Provide consultation on matters related to professional and organizational development for members, as requested
- Develop partnerships with key stakeholders, including volunteers, members, external agencies, and institutions to advance strategic priorities and identify potential opportunities for collaboration
- Master’s degree in PA Studies, education, medical education, or a related field
- A minimum of five years of experience in PA education, medical education, or another health professions education field with a demonstrated track record of performance in improving educational outcomes
- Experience as a PA faculty member
- Knowledge and experience with learning management systems
Applications will be accepted until the position is filled. To apply, please email the following to Lynn Heitzman, PAEA’s director of finance and administration, at lheitzman@PAEAonline.org:
- A cover letter that includes relevant experience and motivation for application
- Curriculum vitae or résumé
- Three to five references with contact information
Questions about the position may be emailed to Sara Fletcher, PAEA’s vice president and chief learning officer, at sfletcher@PAEAonline.org.
PAEA is an equal opportunity employer. Women, minorities, and persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply.