If you are coming to the 2017 PAEA Education Forum in Denver next month, bring something for future generations to remember your program by. We will be sealing a time capsule at the end of the Forum, and we want to have as many attending programs represented as possible.
The time capsule will commemorate the 50th anniversary of the profession and will be opened on its 100th anniversary, in 2067. We are also gathering materials from the other three national PA organizations, and working with the PA History Society, who will store the capsule at the society’s headquarters in Johns Creek, Georgia.
Here are the details:
- Someone from the program must be attending the Forum to participate.
- We encourage all programs to write a “letter to the future” — capturing your vision and aspirations for the PA profession, the health care system, the nation, and/or the world in 2067. Be creative!
- Each program can contribute up to 3 additional items, which must all fit in one standard manila envelope — no larger than 9″ x 12″. (If items are small, up to 5 is acceptable, as long as the envelope is still basically flat and not too bulky. Space will be at a premium!)
- Other suitable items might include: photographs from any point in your program’s history, 2017 graduating class photo, letters, brochures, programs, buttons, lapel pins. No coffee mugs!
- There will be also postcards on-site, on which all individuals can write messages to the future and put them in the time capsule.
Send Photos from Your 50th Anniversary Celebrations to the PA History Society
The PA History Society is asking PA programs to send images (jpegs, please) and written messages related to their own 50th celebrations direct to PAHx. Please send these to Lori Konopka-Sauer at LoriK@nccpa.net. They will feature selected items on their website and social media.