Volunteer opportunities for terms beginning in April 2018 are now available. PAEA encourages our member programs’ faculty and staff to take an active role in the Association’s leadership activities through volunteerism, either through either personally considering service or encouraging another member to do so.
Through volunteer service, members gain the opportunity for rewarding personal and professional growth as well as mentorship. Members also develop a greater sense of community with their fellow PA educators while helping to advance PAEA’s mission .
The available volunteer opportunities with April 2018 start dates are listed below. The application deadline for these positions is March 12 unless otherwise noted in the Application Timeline below.
While all volunteers are required to meet the submission, eligibility, and deadline requirements listed below, each volunteer group may require and consider additional, specific criteria for selection. Please read each position description thoroughly before submitting your application. You will find a link below for each group’s detailed information and available position descriptions.
Mission Advancement Commissions
- Leadership MAC – 1 member position
Steering Committees, Review Committees, and Boards
- Education Programming Steering Committee – 1 chair position
- Education Programming Steering Committee – 5 member positions
- Future Educator Development Steering Committee – 2 member positions
- Grants & Scholarship Steering Committee – 1 chair position
- Student Academy of the American Academy of Physician Assistants (SAAAPA) Liaison – 1 position
Exam Development Boards
- Currently no positions available
- Currently no positions available
Although you are not compensated for your time, PAEA pays all expenses associated with volunteer travel to in-person or other required meetings.
SUBMISSION REQUIREMENTS FOR ALL POSITIONS
All applicants must submit the following documents via the application form to be considered:
- A complete curriculum vitae (CV)
- A statement of the applicant’s interest in volunteerism, specifically demonstrating the skills and abilities listed below and addressing each group’s specific criteria.
- A signed Volunteer Agreement and Conflict of Interest form (the text is embedded in the application form)
If you do not receive a confirmation of receipt within two business days of submitting your application, or if you have questions about the application process, please contact volunteers@PAEAonline.org.
- Must be a faculty or staff member at a PAEA member program, an Institutional Colleague member program, or an Individual Colleague member.
- Must have the following documents signed and submitted to PAEA:
PAEA is committed to building a culturally diverse group of volunteer leaders. We strongly encourage minorities and individuals with disabilities to apply for open volunteer positions. Qualified applicants will be considered through a blinded review process, and evaluated equally, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
SKILLS & ABILITIES
Applicants must demonstrate the skills and abilities below through their application, CV, or statement of interest:
- Clear and diplomatic communication
- Professionalism and ethical behavior
- Collaborative, team-based spirit while bringing your unique, individual personality and contributions to the group’s work
- Specific skills or abilities highlighted in each individual group’s call
- Commit to the success of the group’s goals and outcomes while advancing the PAEA mission
- Prepare for and participate in conference calls and meetings as scheduled
- Actively contribute to the group’s annual deliverables or objectives and key results
- Approach the group’s work with a diplomatic, positive spirit
- Maintain confidentiality on sensitive issues
- Perform other duties as assigned by the volunteer group’s chair(s)
- One annual in-person meeting
- Conference calls as scheduled
TERMS OF SERVICE
Unless otherwise noted below, members of all volunteer groups are eligible to serve two two-year terms from January 1 to December 31 and must have chair support to continue into their second two-year term. Members will be informally evaluated by their group’s chair and staff partner, based on the volunteer responsibilities listed above, to determine eligibility for continuation into their second term.
Unless otherwise noted below, chairs of volunteer groups are eligible to serve two three-year terms from January 1 to December 31 and must have PAEA Board of Directors’ support to continue into their second three-year term. Chairs will be informally evaluated by the Board based on the chair and volunteer responsibilities, to determine eligibility for continuation into their second term.
- Future Educator Development Steering Committee members are eligible to serve one three-year term.
- The SAAAPA Liaison is eligible to serve two two-year terms from July 1 to June 30 starting in an even year.
- March 5: Application Deadline for Education Programming Steering Committee Chair
- March 12: Application Deadline for all other open positions
- March 26: Application Deadline for Education Programming Steering Committee Members (opens February 19)
- By April 20: Notification of selection decision to all applicants
- April 20: Newly appointed volunteers’ service term begins